Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New drawings

Here are some studio photos. I started working on these soon after moving into my studio. I started drawing people from memory, starting with my husband and my sister. I felt these were playing on my weakness in drawing as well as in memory.
It made me start wondering what accuracy meant in this form; the features didn't necessarily add up, even as a gradually got closer to "correct". There was definitely an ineffable 'glint' that made the drawing come to life, that was more like what it may be like to be in the presence of that specific person. This led me to my current video projects, where i am investigating chemistry and connection. More soon! Please enjoy these bad drawings of several people in my life, including Mathew, Maggiem and my mom!

































































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home